- This event has passed.
Water Aerobics – Mville YMCA
April 18 @ 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM EDT
Water aerobics is workouts that are pleasurable and exercise all at one time. The goal of this exercise is to promote cardiovascular conditioning. The water resistance gives strength and flexibility that will increase muscle endurance which will improve balance.
Some of the major benefits of water aerobics:
- Provides buoyancy and support that will help cause less injury to the muscles, bones, and joints.
- The water adds lots of resistance which will help with toning the muscles of the body to increase muscle mass.
- With less gravity the improvement of flexibility is greater. The decrease in gravity forces in the water makes this exercise possible for those with joint pain with the decreased anxiety of pain.
- Heart rates are at a lower rate when compared to other physical activities, but the benefits of the cardiovascular conditioning are wonderful.
- Help keep your body temperature cool, comfortable, and constant throughout the exercise.
- Extremely beneficial when trying to burn extra calories.