RN Coordinator at Multi-Provider Family Medical Office
Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness is seeking candidates for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for the position of RN Project Coordinator for Bassett Family Practice and Ridgeway Family Health, our two multi-provider, family medical offices.
MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness is committed to providing primary health and integrated behavioral health services at our two Federally Qualified Health Center sites by promoting health, reducing health risk factors and increasing access to medical services, primarily for the uninsured and underserved in the Martinsville-Henry County area. Additionally, the Coalition offers chronic disease self-management, medication assistance, and care coordination services to patients and local residents.
The RN Coordinator is responsible for development, growth, promotion, and sustainability of the assigned MHC Coalition projects. The RN Coordinator will use innovative workflows and emerging technologies to enhance patient care and wellness within the MHC Coalition. The RN Coordinator is a subject matter expert, responsible for providing strategic input and leading the expansion of a portfolio of telehealth and infection control programs. The RN Coordinator will serve as a clinical resource to develop, and redesign, implement and evaluate projects and programs as assigned. This position provides consultation and leadership to the development of standardized approaches to assigned projects, which includes developing workflows, contracting with technology and service-providing vendors, and educating staff. The RN Coordinator will possess clinical knowledge to be applied in monitoring patient data and quality patient outcomes. The RN coordinator will be assigned work based on the needs of the MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Positively contributes and interacts as a team member in the development, growth, and sustainability of the MHC Coalition.
- Evaluates and supports business plan development.
- Promotes and markets programs both within the MHC Coalition and in the community.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for the organization on assigned projects.
- Oversees the development of various grants and programs.
- Monitors activity with grants or improvement projects to identify improvements and develops action plans that are effectively communicated to program leaders and stakeholders.
- Independently handles multiple projects of varying scope simultaneously without oversight.
- Serves as a liaison with all key stakeholders, regularly soliciting feedback.
- Expected to keep current on trends, standards and legislation related to projects.
- Local travel may frequently be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, understanding the role will evolve as the programs mature.
- All duties and requirements must be performed consistent with the MHC Coalition Organizational Performance Standards.
- Takes the initiative, follows directions, multi-tasks effectively and efficiently and communicates well with others.
- Attends required meetings and participates in professional developmental activities.
Performs necessary quality control activities to ensure accuracy and identifies areas where performance can be improved.
- Participates in training(s) opportunities to improve patient care including, but not limited to, learning evidence-based approaches to self-management support, proactively addressing the needs of patients and families in this community, cultural competency, effective communication, OSHA, HIPAA and EHR
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Bassett Family Practice. Adheres to agency and regulatory mandates and guidelines, especially those established by the Health Resource and Services Administration (HRSA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Other duties/projects may be assigned from time-to-time by your supervisor that are consistent with the Mission of the organization and intent of this position.
Minimum Required Education, Experience, Abilities & Characteristics
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing required, Preferred Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Related Field
- Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Virginia required. Current AHA BLS-HCP certification required.
- Three years of professional experience with projects progressively responsible experience in the healthcare industry. Experience working in an ambulatory setting. eClinicalWorks EMR experience preferred.
- Other: Customer driven. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Fast paced physician practice. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, project plans, roadmaps, and status reports.
Paid Holidays (8)
Paid Sick Leave
Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Other voluntary plans available
This position works Monday through Friday
Learn more about Martinsville Henry County (MHC) Coalition for Health and Wellness at: www.healthycommunitymhc.org
EOE. No phone inquiries.
Resumes may be submitted to MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness, 22 E. Church Street, Martinsville, VA 24112 or by clicking here.