Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Multi-Provider Family Medical Office
Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness is seeking candidates for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Ridgeway Family Health a busy multi-provider, family medical office. We currently have an opening for a 12-hour shift nurse and an 8-hour shift nurse.
MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness is committed to providing primary health and integrated behavioral health services at our two Federally Qualified Health Center sites by promoting health, reducing health risk factors and increasing access to medical services, primarily for the uninsured and underserved in the Martinsville-Henry County area. Additionally, the Coalition offers chronic disease self-management, medication assistance, and care coordination services to patients and local residents.
Our LPN’s provide practical nursing support in the delivery of quality care for the patient in a medical practice setting. Must have at least 1 year experience in healthcare, preferably in a medical office setting. Candidates should be familiar with use of an electronic medical record and knowledgeable about care coordination and health education.
Qualified candidates can provide professional nursing care according to current best practices, maintain confidentiality, promote person-centered care, communicate effectively and have good computer skills. Must be team oriented, a problem-solver and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
LPN job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Completes patient assessment to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint, current medications, etc.
- Prepares patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, assisting during exams and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections as directed by the provider.
- Maintains work area, exam, treatment rooms in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
- Documents patient information in the electronic medical recorded.
- Provides patient teaching as indicated and directed by the provider including lab results, diet instructions, medication instructions, appropriate follow-up, and reinforcing provider instructions as needed.
- Assist with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorizations for testing and ancillary services.
- Assists with lab procedures.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing required.
Experience: One (1) year experience in a physician office preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Virginia (LPN) required.
Paid Holidays (8)
Paid Sick Leave
Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance
Other voluntary plans available
No weekend work
No phone inquiries.
MHCCHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Resumes may be submitted to MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness, 22 E. Church Street, Martinsville, VA 24112 or by clicking here.