Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness is seeking candidates for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor for our Bassett Family Practice and Ridgeway Family Health sites.
MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness is committed to providing primary health and integrated behavioral health services at our two Federally Qualified Health Center sites by promoting health, reducing health risk factors and increasing access to medical services, primarily for the uninsured and underserved in the Martinsville-Henry County area. Additionally, the Coalition offers chronic disease self-management, medication assistance, and care coordination services to patients and local residents.
Purpose: Every position within the Martinsville-Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness (MHCCHW) exists to help the organization realize its Mission of providing medical and other health related services to uninsured and underinsured members of our community. As a valued member of our staff, it is critically important that this goal be the motivation for all your activities in the performance of your duties and responsibilities.
Position Summary: Provides comprehensive, quality, cost-effective mental health services to a diverse patient population. Participates in a Patient Centered Medical Home treatment team environment. Provides related services with the highest levels of quality and professionalism.
REQUIRED PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to the Mission: Embraces and demonstrates passion for achieving the organization’s Mission.
- Understanding of position: Exhibits a working knowledge of the requirements, responsibilities and authority of the position. Consistently demonstrates the skills and abilities necessary to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Quality of work: Achieves goals and objectives with a high level of professionalism. Work is thorough, accurate and complete.
- Dependability: Performs duties and completes assignments in a timely fashion. Prioritizes tasks and manages time efficiently and Is rarely late. Has no unexcused absences.
- Initiative & enthusiasm: Exhibits a high level of interest and eagerness in his/her work.
- Judgment: Exercises sound judgment and anticipates likely consequences of his/her actions. Demonstrates creativity in problem solving. Decisions are Mission driven.
- Communication & teamwork: Understands how his/her performance affects Identifies and communicates potential conflicts and/or problems appropriately. Exhibits a strong commitment to working as part of a team. Shares knowledge generously and respectfully. Accepts feedback and constructive criticism graciously.
- Planning & organization: Plans, organizes and prioritizes duties and responsibilities effectively. Uses organizational resources appropriately and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Provides comprehensive, evidence-based, mental health therapy in a team-based environment to a diverse patient population with a wide range of health conditions and concerns. Performs mental health examinations within prescribed guidelines.
- Consults and works collaboratively with Physician, other behavioral health specialists and other medical professionals. Confers with specialists and/or consultants regarding the care of patients, as well as medical and diagnostic work performed, and coordinates the work of the consulting physicians with the work of the patient care team. Records findings and formulates a comprehensive patient care plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition and other related factors.
- Maintains required medical records and other documents in a complete, accurate and timely manner via the organization’s Electronic Medical Record (“EMR”).
- Participates in Quality Assurance initiatives and provides input on the development of policies and procedures that impact the health delivery service.
- Participates in training relevant to the education of professional health personnel as well as any training required by the Coalition.
- Provides exemplary customer service and represents the Coalition in a professional manner.
- On a rotating basis, acts as the after-hours on-call Provider.
- Maintains the security and privacy of all protected health information.
- On average, achieves and maintains a minimum patient visitation rate of 97% as relates to established visitation goals.
- On average, achieves and maintains a patient duration of visit/cycle time of sixty-minutes or less.
- Consistently participates in the peer review program, returning such reviews on a timely basis, and takes the initiative to hones skills and abilities to better meet PCMH goals and objectives.
- Consistently returns telephone calls, resolves and/or addresses EMR “bubbles” and other communications to patients and other staff and treatment team members and/or stakeholders within 48 hours.
- Participates in and/or supports organizational efforts to solicit unduplicated patients.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by your supervisor that are consistent with Mission of the organization and intent of this position.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Graduate of an approved and accredited school of social work or counseling.
- Current, valid license for the State of Virginia.
- Recognized by the Virginia Board of Social Work or the Virginia Board of Counseling as a LCSW or LPC.
- Current CPR and AED certifications.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a primary health care setting.
- Preferred but not required bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Ability to relate well to people of various social-economic backgrounds
- Someone who is well organized, enjoys multi-tasking and thrives in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with electronic medical records software programs.
- Experience in eClinical Works electronic medical record system (preferred, not required)
- Evidence of involvement and willingness to participate in community leadership activities.
- A passion and concern for the target population served by the MHCCHW.
Paid Holidays – 8
Paid Sick Leave
Short and Long Term Disability
Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance
Other voluntary benefit plans available
MHCCHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Resumes may be submitted to MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness, 22 E. Church Street, Martinsville, VA 24112 or by clicking here.