Front Office Staff
Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness is seeking candidates for a Front Office Staff position at Bassett Family Practice and Ridgeway Family Health, both of which are busy multi-provider, family medical clinics. Full-time (with benefits).
MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness is committed to providing primary health and integrated behavioral health services at our two Federally Qualified Health Center sites by promoting health, reducing health risk factors and increasing access to medical services, primarily for the uninsured and underserved in the Martinsville-Henry County area. Additionally, the Coalition offers chronic disease self-management, medication assistance, and care coordination services to patients and local residents.
Front Office Staff duties can include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Welcoming patients and visitors by greeting them in a friendly manner, answering inquiries and directing them through the registration process
• Screening patients, staff and visitors (taking temperature/asking screening questions)
• Checking in patients and preparing electronic chart for visit
• Collecting and updating all patient demographic, eligibility, and insurance information
• Entering all appropriate data into the Electronic Medical Records system
• Explaining MHCCHW services, as well as patient policies and procedures
• Answering phone lines, takes/relays messages to appropriate Health Center staff
• Filing, faxing and scanning documentation
• Maintains fax in/out box and assigns appropriate paperwork to nurses, providers, and referral coordinator
• Completing daily patient callbacks
• Collecting all insurance information
• Verifying patient demographics
• Collecting and processing payments for services current and past, explaining patient charges as requested
• Maintains patient Sliding Fee Scale status with up to date proof of income, number in household and update the patient registration annually
• Explain the sliding scale to patients
• Creating telephone encounters for medication refills, nurse messages, and chart inquiries
• Assisting patients on their departure and scheduling follow up appointments
• Entering medical, pharmacy, transportation, and ancillary service visits and enters data into the appropriate electronic medical records system
• Obtaining record release signatures from patients to request outside medical office records. Follows up to ensure receipt of records for timely appointment scheduling
• Works in conjunction with the Billing Coordinator to maintain knowledge about insurance policies and verifications continually
• Answers questions regarding patient accounts, referral appointments, and upcoming office appointments
• Explains charges to patient and directs any questions to the billing office as needed.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date appointment system
• Activates patient files
• Provides support to medical staff
• Maintains a clean waiting area
• Discharging patients including taking payments, verifying their information, and providing them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription(s), or work/school excuses
• Assists patients with scheduling appointments for follow up, rescheduled, cancelled, and no-show appointments
• Checks encounter forms, medical records, and schedule to prevent double or missed appointments.
• Functions within the HIPAA laws to keep patient information protected
• Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Minimum 1 year experience in healthcare, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Experience with basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to deal directly with patients working in a clinical setting
- You will be provided with and required to use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in performing the duties of this role with patients and members on site.
- Experience with patient registration
- Experience collecting health insurance information and/or processing patient payments
- Experience navigating computer systems such as Microsoft Office, electronic medical record (EMR), or medical practice management and billing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
Paid Holidays – 8
Paid Sick Leave
Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance
Other voluntary plans available
No weekend work
This position works Monday through Friday on a varied 8 hour schedule between the hours of 6:45am to 7:15pm.
Resumes can be submitted by clicking here or to MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness, 22 E. Church Street, Martinsville, VA 24112.
MHCCHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled