Director of Quality and Performance Improvement
Purpose: Every position within the MHCCHW exists to help the organization realize its Mission of providing medical and other health related services to uninsured and underinsured members of our community. As a valued member of our staff, it is critically important that this goal be the motivation for all of your activities in the performance of your duties and responsibilities.
Position Summary: The Director of Quality Initiatives is responsible for the management and strategic growth of the organization’s quality assurance program.
Required Performance Competencies:
- Commitment to the Mission: Embraces and demonstrates passion for achieving the organization’s Mission.
- Understanding of position: Exhibits a working knowledge of the requirements, responsibilities and authority of the position. Consistently demonstrates the skills and abilities necessary to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Quality of work: Achieves goals and objectives with a high level of professionalism. Work is thorough, accurate and complete.
- Dependability: Performs duties and completes assignments in a timely fashion. Is rarely late. Has no unexcused absences. Prioritizes tasks and manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Initiative & enthusiasm: Exhibits a high level of interest and eagerness in his/her work.
- Judgment: Exercises sound judgment and anticipates likely consequences of his/her actions. Demonstrates creativity in problem solving. Decisions are Mission driven.
- Communication & teamwork: Understands how his/her performance affects Identifies and communicates potential conflicts and/or problems appropriately. Exhibits a strong commitment to working as part of a team. Shares knowledge generously and respectfully. Accepts feedback and constructive criticism graciously.
- Planning & organization: Plans, organizes and prioritizes duties and responsibilities effectively. Uses organizational resources appropriately and efficiently.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Develops and implements a strategic Quality plan focused on driving continuous quality improvement through the implementation of focused clinical and quality engagement initiatives; Assures that Plan is reviewed annually and updated as needed.
- Together with Medical Director, Institutes organization wide initiatives designed to enhance health center clinical operations with the goal of producing improved provider and patient engagement and patient outcomes
- Leads Organization’s Quality Assurance Committee, maintains accurate and timely minutes and prepares/presents Quality reports and monitoring to the Board and/or Board committees
- Ensures consistent and ongoing analysis and evaluation of key program data as it relates to outcomes, utilization, and other specified program deliverables
- Identifies areas of clinical practice where changes or improvement are needed to promote and maintain excellence in patient care
- Oversees the management of clinical data for federal, state and private grants; ensures that reports and deliverables are accurate and that timelines are met
- Works closely with the Risk Manager, Clinical Information Coordinator, and others to analyze the overall effectiveness of programs and recommend improvements or new strategies
- Cultivates strong health center collaboration and Develops meaningful and effective relationships with key center stakeholders
- Stays abreast of FQHC regulatory body quality and value-based care standards, including BPHC, HRSA, NCQA, and CMS
- Develops professional relationships relevant to clinical, policy, public health, and clinical practice transformation
- Serves as the Quality subject matter expert and resource for the organization
- Oversees the development of educational materials.
- Monitors activity of programs to identify improvements and develops action plans that are effectively communicated to program leaders and stakeholders.
- Independently handles multiple projects of varying scope simultaneously without oversight.
- Serves as a liaison with all key stakeholders, regularly soliciting feedback.
- Expected to keep current on Quality trends, standards, and legislation.
- Local travel may frequently be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, understanding the role will evolve as the programs mature.
- Takes the initiative, follows directions, multi-tasks effectively and efficiently and communicates well with others.
- Attends required meetings and participates in professional developmental activities.
- Performs necessary quality control activities to ensure accuracy and identifies areas where performance can be improved.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Coalition. Adheres to agency and regulatory mandates and guidelines, especially those established by the Health Resource and Services Administration (HRSA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned from time-to-time by your manager that are consistent with the Mission of the organization and intent of this position.
Minimum Required Education, Experience, Abilities & Characteristics:
Education: Bachelors prepared RN; Master’s preferred
Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Virginia required. Current AHA BLS-HCP certification required.
Five years of progressive experience in Quality, Quality Review activities
Experience with eClinicalworks (ECW) EMR experience preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with and present information to multiple stakeholders and audiences
Other: Customer driven. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, project plans, roadmaps, and status reports.
Paid Holidays – 8
Paid Sick Leave
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance
Other voluntary benefit plans available
MHCCHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Resumes may be submitted to MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness, 22 E. Church Street, Martinsville, VA 24112 or by clicking here.