Coalition staff members, their children and our partners at Sovah Health – Martinsville’s breast center came together to support breast health awareness, along with some important messages.
Know your risk
- Talk to both sides of your family to learn about your family health history.
- Talk to a doctor about your risk of breast cancer.
- Talk with a doctor about which screening tests are right for you if you are at higher risk.
- Have a mammogram every year starting at age 40 if you are at average risk.
- Have a clinical breast exam at least every 3 years starting at age 20, and every year starting at age 40.
- Sign up for your screening reminder at komen.org/reminder.
Know what is normal for you
- See a doctor if you notice any changes in your breasts.
Make healthy lifestyle choices
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Add exercise into your routine.
- Limit alcohol intake.